Monday, October 17, 2011




                                                                                  


These are the three Life and Death comps that were due to be judged by Rusty on Monday the 17th. I didn't really find it hard to come up with three ideas for this, As it was a fairly loose problem to solve. Out of the ideas the bomb was definitely my favourite, and also coincidentally came out the best when I illustrated it. Rusty also gave his Stamp of approval on the bomb which is good.

The cocoon idea was cool I thought, but it didn't get illustrated well. The melting wax candle would have been interesting to paint, as I'm sure I could have created some interesting visuals in Sai, But I'm in love with the Bomb. I based it off the cartoon style 'Looney tunes' bombs (http://gestaltist.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Bugs_taz_bomb.jpg) same with the comical explosion marks.




No comments:

Post a Comment