Monday, October 17, 2011

Gonna need a Montage!



SO. I was pretty excited about this, mainly cause we got to pick three random subjects to paint. Of course I then had to include business cat in this mix .
(For the uneducated http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/business-cat#.Tpx6UJsr2so)


I also used a random monster in the background (I think its from the movie clover field) and three stunt planes flying from behind. Apart from the positioning/size of the monster in the background I was happy with my composition and layout. That's when I made the critical error of not using any Gesso or Matt medium on the Illustration board before painting onto it. 


FYI, Gouache is crap without that mix on the paper/board.


So I ended up with 'blocked out colors' in Rustys words and a really brushy background. The saving grace is that the Cat up front looks good... At least in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment