Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thoughtcrime does not entail death, thoughtcrime IS death



Sooo, I was actually really excited about coming up with an awesome book cover, cause frankly I love 1984 by George Orwell. If you haven't read it, I would highly recommend it. On the first one I went for a combination of graffiti style type consisting of terms from the book. They culminate into the the Giant 'Obey'  written in a shocking colour reminiscent of blood. I think the Thick type for the title really helped with bringing it all together. I'm going to be creating the actual illustration using a calligraphy pen and some India ink. I'm going to use some Ochre watercolor to get a nice yellow effect on the paper for the background.

For the second comp, I went with a more typewriter/stamp effect, but still using terms from the book. Four letters are picked out to spell 'Obey', but this second attempt definitely didn't come together as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment